Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Help in building a Ultra Search Query using Java API
Help in building a Ultra Search Query using Java API [message #310317] Mon, 31 March 2008 23:03 Go to next message
whitesox12
Hi,

Can someone tell me how can I write a search query using Ultra Search Java API to return data containing a full word that is sent as a search
parameter. e.g. If I want to search for a word 'Dictionary' I need to get all the results conatining full word Dictionary for example if I
have following 4 records

1. Dictionary
2. English Dictionary
3. French Dictionary
4. AllDictionary

How can I write a query that returns me first 3 records only as they contain the word 'Dictionary' and not the fourth record as it's not a word.
Here is what I need to get back and ordered in that way as the 'Dictionary' needs to be first record because the search is on Dictionary.

1. Dictionary
2. English Dictionary
3. French Dictionary

Currently in my Java Program I am using the following but it returns me all the occurences of Ring as I just need the data with word Ring.

query = new Contains(searchString, instanceMetaData);

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Help in building a Ultra Search Query using Java API [message #310502 is a reply to message #310317] Tue, 01 April 2008 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whitesox12
Anyone?

Thanks
Re: Help in building a Ultra Search Query using Java API [message #310654 is a reply to message #310502] Tue, 01 April 2008 23:39 Go to previous message
whitesox12
Looks like no one uses Ultra Search.
Previous Topic: Why index not create??
Next Topic: Index fragmentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:50:17 CDT 2024