Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » End Dating Users in FND_USER
End Dating Users in FND_USER [message #217923] Tue, 06 February 2007 02:14 Go to next message
Anand Ramaswamy
Hi All,
We did not follow the procedure of End dating User Account whenever an employee's status is changed to Ex-Employee or Ex-Contingent Worker. So because of this we have around 300 such records whose User Account is still active though the employees are terminated.

Can I update End_Date field of FND_USER table using the below query?

UPDATE FND_USER SET END_DATE='31-DEC-06' WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN(SELECT PERSON_ID FROM PER_PERSON_TYPE_USAGES_F WHERE PERSON_TYPE_ID IN(1123, 1140)) 
AND END_DATE IS NULL; 

Person_Type_ID - 1123 corresponds to Ex-Employee
Person_Type_ID - 1140 corresponds to Ex-contingent Worker

Can someone help???

Thanks in advance
qA

[Updated on: Tue, 06 February 2007 02:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: End Dating Users in FND_USER [message #218007 is a reply to message #217923] Tue, 06 February 2007 06:23 Go to previous message
adragnes
Anand,

I would not recommend doing this. Oracle would not support it and there are some other potential pitfalls as well. I think I have seen people in HR with multiple person types and that could potentially be a problem with your update statement.

Instead I suggest that you create a query to find the users you should end-date, get someone from HR to validate the list and then create a DataLoad template to do the update through forms.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: GL Value & Inventory Value
Next Topic: VAT LOCALIZATION PDF USER GUIDE WANTED
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 23:24:47 CDT 2024