Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Service Contracts
icon7.gif  Service Contracts [message #203175] Tue, 14 November 2006 03:27 Go to next message
sasi242

Hi

I have a small doubt. how can i stop service contract creation for a warrenty item.i tried to search for this in OM line level flow but could not get any hint.i just want to put a hold on that contract creation,i want to process that only after a particular DFF value is set to yes.pls guide me in where i can hold the creation.

Thanks in Advance.........

Sasidhar.P

[Updated on: Tue, 14 November 2006 05:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Service Contracts [message #203216 is a reply to message #203175] Tue, 14 November 2006 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

hi sasi,

I you need to hold,apply hold in the actions of sales order form.

regards,
surya
Re: Service Contracts [message #203217 is a reply to message #203175] Tue, 14 November 2006 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

sasi,

I didn't get the question,
what I understood was,you need to avoid creating waaranty service in SC.If that is case do not run the back ground process,thats enough right.

pls kindly be very clear in asking the question if tha above isn't the answer

regards,
surya
Re: Service Contracts [message #203219 is a reply to message #203216] Tue, 14 November 2006 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasi242

Hi Surya.

hi surya for warrenty items it creates sc by default. we need not run any conc.program.
thanks for the reply.i want to provcess this till shipping. i want to restrict this at shipping.if i apply a hold i cant book that.

any suggestions pls...

Thankyou
Sasi

[Updated on: Tue, 14 November 2006 06:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Service Contracts [message #203363 is a reply to message #203175] Tue, 14 November 2006 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

Sasi,
Still you didn't write the question.Any contract can be restircted at any moment,whether it is from sales order or Rx,thats up to user requirement.

You are working on this module or learning it?

Pls conform me the above & tell me your requirement.

thanks
surya
Re: Service Contracts [message #203376 is a reply to message #203363] Tue, 14 November 2006 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasi242

Hi

Say In an Sales Order i have only one order line item type=Warrenty item defined in BOM. so for this item when i ship the order,it is creating a warrenty service contract.now i want to hold this functionality.

my requirement is like this:

say if it is a project order[project orders identified with attribute1 of Order headers table] then i need to hold this warrenty item from craeting contract till the project gets closed]to identify the project close[line level attribute19 will be updated to CLOSE] then i want the warrenty contract to get created.

hope this is clear.surya it will be helpful if you can give your contact number,incase if the above is not clear.

Thanks in advance for spending time and replying.

Sasi
Re: Service Contracts [message #203469 is a reply to message #203175] Wed, 15 November 2006 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

sasi,

Please give me some time.Iam not aware of the answer for your query.Let me do some research and reach you very soon.

thanks,
surya
Re: Service Contracts [message #203473 is a reply to message #203175] Wed, 15 November 2006 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasi242

sure... thankyou.
Re: Service Contracts [message #203649 is a reply to message #203175] Wed, 15 November 2006 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

Sasi,
Before I let you know the Details,I would like to know why you are very much interested in not creating a contract with an existing warranty which is filthy illogic on real front.

I beleive ,you are learning SC.If not is that your reqirement?

A client never needs a warranty good without a contract!!!

thanks,
surya
Re: Service Contracts [message #203651 is a reply to message #203649] Wed, 15 November 2006 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasi242

Hi Surya

Standard functionality creates an Extended Service Contract upon shipment. If a warranty item is defined on the Bill of Material, a Warranty Contract is also created upon shipment. The contract start date is that of the product SHIP DATE. my client will ship products to a Project but periods of time may pass before Go-Live, the event upon which the Contract should start.

Standard functionality does not include an interface to projects and as a result does not wait for a project to close before advancing to close. Once a line is closed, data cannot be updated (e.g. Coverage Start Date) and a service contract would be created immediately upon shipment.

so i want to hold the Contract creation.so hope its clear for you now that it is a real time scenario.

Thankyou
Sasi
Re: Service Contracts [message #203903 is a reply to message #203175] Thu, 16 November 2006 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

Sasi,

I hadn't find any such option not to create any contract for a warranty item.

Now the only option remaining is WORK FLOW.

While the order is booked in Sales Order form,you might have seen two work flows populating.

I think you need to change those in the LINE LEVEL.Also you can see the Work flows types in the Transaction.
This is all abt Vision Instance

If you find any other option,Pls let me know.

Thanks,
surya
Re: Service Contracts [message #204465 is a reply to message #203175] Mon, 20 November 2006 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

Sasi,

You may get the necessary information from 115OMAPI and 115OKLAPI pdf's.Please revert me back if/not those pdf's fulfills your need.

regards,
surya
Re: Service Contracts [message #204472 is a reply to message #204465] Mon, 20 November 2006 22:39 Go to previous message
sasi242

Hi Surya

I tried with them last week.not helpful to this ....

Thankyou
Sasi
Previous Topic: Send parameter in child form
Next Topic: Reversed Receipts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 19:54:51 CDT 2024