Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » To_start_context_servers
To_start_context_servers [message #366415] Thu, 16 December 1999 10:08 Go to next message
Guru
How to start multiple context servers.
Re: To_start_context_servers [message #366419 is a reply to message #366415] Fri, 21 January 2000 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi
You can give the following command multiple times,
since the context server comes built in the database in 8.1.x you can use the external context server for indexing purpose that's why now you have a personality parameters with M only

ctxsrv -user ctxsys/ctxsys -personality M &

as many context server will be running, to check
ls -las | grep ctxsrv | wc
Re: To_start_context_servers [message #366429 is a reply to message #366415] Mon, 03 April 2000 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sharan alva
To start multiple context server the recommended way is to start them seperatly else you can start it in on line..

ctxsrv -user ctxsys/ctxsys -personality DMQ -log ctx.log &

the recommended way is to use the same syntax but one for each personality DMQ etc....
Re: To_start_context_servers [message #366431 is a reply to message #366419] Fri, 26 May 2000 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subhasish
while trying to start OCO I faced the following problem, could u plz help me

=== OCO server startup ===
Initialized CORE
Connected to database.
=== Server failure ===
DRG-50857: oracle error in drasmadd
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
identifier 'DRIADM.ADD' must be declared
Re: To_start_context_servers [message #366432 is a reply to message #366419] Fri, 26 May 2000 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subhasish
Subhashish

You have not give any detail in terms of

- Which ver of Oracle database ?
- Which hardware and OS you r running Oracle
- Which ver of OCO you are working on

Please give me these details then i can guide you thru this problem. The above problem purely pertains to the one of the PL/SQL packages of OCO which has an error so might not have properly installed intermedia text or you have not compiled. It's just a wild guess try reinstalling it.

Ravi
Re: To_start_context_servers [message #366433 is a reply to message #366419] Fri, 26 May 2000 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subhasish
hi ravi,
this is addition to my before stated problem, I had not included the
following information,ver of Oracle database is oracle8ion winNT os,
What I have done is=>
set text enable to true,at line mode tried to connect by ctxsrv utility
thats all.
Re: To_start_context_servers [message #366446 is a reply to message #366419] Fri, 18 August 2000 09:00 Go to previous message
sharan alva
Hi,
If you are on Oracle version 8I then you have intermedia text and you should not set text_enabled to true in your init.ora.. this parameter was for Context cartridge up until version 8.0. Plus in version you have the Extproc configured in your listner. The only server you need for the background here is the one with M personality for automatic indexing.. This will be going out with higher version (8.1.6 onwards) and you will be using the rebuild index with the sync option which can be put in your job queue and kicked off at regular intervals..... to index newly inserted documents..

sharan
Previous Topic: ORACLE definition
Next Topic: Creating an Intermedia Index
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:45:31 CDT 2024