Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Repository Designer 10GR2 (Designer 10GR2 = 10.1.2.0.2, OS (Windows 7 64bits))
Repository Designer 10GR2 [message #638978] Sat, 27 June 2015 17:54 Go to next message
yeladlouni
Please, Could anyone help me.

I'm encoutring some erros after migratig a repository dump exported from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g.

The imp procedure was successful with some warnings, but while using Designer, some actions end with errors.

These errors are located in some views and packages (SDD_FILE, JR_ICON...) like ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Repository Designer 10GR2 [message #638986 is a reply to message #638978] Sun, 28 June 2015 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you try to fix those errors? For example, a synonym you mentioned:
  • what does it point to? A table? A procedure? Something else?
  • Is that object still accessible to you (after performing import)?
  • Are certain privileges missing, such as (GRANT) SELECT or EXECUTE?
  • Did you access those objects via database link(s)? If so, is the database link still working? If not, recreate it.
  • etc.
Anyway: you need to investigate deeper than you already have. If you still can't fix the problem, come back and provide as many details as possible so that someone could assist.
Re: Repository Designer 10GR2 [message #638987 is a reply to message #638986] Sun, 28 June 2015 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeladlouni
Thank you for your reply.

It seems that some tables are missing from the import even that it was full import "full=y".

Is it possible to merge two repositories?

Otherwise, I could attach the dmp file if someone could help or give teamviewer access.

Re: Repository Designer 10GR2 [message #638988 is a reply to message #638987] Sun, 28 June 2015 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, I used Designer years ago and don't know much about it nor about its repository.

However:Quote:
It seems that some tables are missing from the import ...
What does the import log file say? Are they really missing?

Quote:
Is it possible to merge two repositories?

No idea. If you find out why some tables are missing, maybe you'd rather drop the repository (if you can do that) and re-import it.

Quote:
... teamviewer access

As I've already said, I can't help much about it. Though, let's hope that someone else (who knows what to do) will see this discussion and provide help.
Re: Repository Designer 10GR2 [message #638990 is a reply to message #638978] Mon, 29 June 2015 03:11 Go to previous message
John Watson
I remember (though it was a long time ago) that there is a documented method for transferring your Designer repository from one database to another. If you can't find it in the docs, you could perform a database upgrade instead (either of the live 9.x database, or duplicate it first).
Previous Topic: advice/guidance on Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler
Next Topic: Problems with Designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:18:26 CDT 2024