Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674642 is a reply to message #674641] Wed, 06 February 2019 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hriday2289
I tried to execute this above code from front end using concurrent program in oracle EBS R12.
Steps: 1. created Executable File- testcreatelocator (plsql stored procedure above)
2. Created concurrent program- testdemo and assign executable file to this
3. Assign this concurrent request to group in inventory application
4. submit the created concurrent request using request set
But in my case it's successfully run but locator not created, but from back end it's created.
And also used exception handling into above code but logs not generated.
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674643 is a reply to message #674642] Wed, 06 February 2019 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Please educate me.
What is frontend?
What is backend?

>But in my case it's successfully run but locator not created,
Your "success criteria" is different from mine when desired results do not occur.

Post COPY & PASTE proof it "successfully run".
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674644 is a reply to message #674643] Wed, 06 February 2019 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hriday2289
Front is oracle application
Back is oracle database
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674649 is a reply to message #674636] Wed, 06 February 2019 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flyboy
Hriday2289 wrote on Wed, 06 February 2019 16:20
It's related with oracle only .. oracle concurrent program.. in Applications Developer responsibility->Concurrent-->define
I do not know your application, however this description looks like a selection from menu.
I know some web applications; (nearly) all of them have section "Help" on the right or bottom side. You should visit it. I bet it contains more information about that functionality than you posted here.
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674667 is a reply to message #674649] Fri, 08 February 2019 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hriday2289
Hello,

I am facing problem with concurrent program. I have registered the PLSQL Store Procedure (in that procedure using stock locator API) code to concurrent program that execute the procedure. The scripts in the procedure will create the locator into table. The Procedure works fine while I trying to run directly in PLSQL Developer and create locator in expected table. However, it does not create locator while run the concurrent program. If I compile the script from PLSQL Developer and again run the concurrent request after that locator is created into respected table. But I need to create locator on concurrent request run, don't want to compile it again from PLSQL Developer.

need to resolve this issue on urgent basis.. please help me on this..!!
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674668 is a reply to message #674667] Fri, 08 February 2019 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Seems no-one here uses oracle applications and so no-one knows anything about registering concurrent programs.

I suggest you try asking in a an oracle apps forum. try one of the ones under here: https://community.oracle.com/community/support/oracle_e-business_suite
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674669 is a reply to message #674668] Fri, 08 February 2019 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hriday2289
Thank you for the suggestion, but I am not able to access this link that you provided above.
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674670 is a reply to message #674367] Fri, 08 February 2019 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flyboy
Maybe, menwhile, you should check http://oracleappsinfo-r12.blogspot.com/2015/01/steps-to-create-concurrent-program.html and make sure you follow all steps described there properly.

From a quick look to the program in the beginning it seems that FND_FILE.PUT_LINE is used to put rows to Output (see sample at the bottom).

[Edit: by the way, it took me one minute to get that page when searching for "how to run concurrent program in oracle apps" in the most popular search engine]

[Updated on: Fri, 08 February 2019 07:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674672 is a reply to message #674670] Fri, 08 February 2019 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Those are oracle forums I linked to (as in run by oracle corporation itself). If you can't access that then you should probably work out why.
Do you have access to oracle support?
And if you don't, are you actually using a legal oracle system?
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674674 is a reply to message #674672] Fri, 08 February 2019 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hriday2289
http://oracleappsinfo-r12.blogspot.com/2015/01/steps-to-create-concurrent-program.html

I gone through the given above URL for creation of concurrent request with plsql stored procedure and I already followed each and every steps but still not get result.
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674676 is a reply to message #674674] Fri, 08 February 2019 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hriday2289
Yes, I don't have access on oracle support and using legal oracle application
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674677 is a reply to message #674674] Fri, 08 February 2019 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flyboy
Hriday2289 wrote on Fri, 08 February 2019 14:56
http://oracleappsinfo-r12.blogspot.com/2015/01/steps-to-create-concurrent-program.html

I gone through the given above URL for creation of concurrent request with plsql stored procedure and I already followed each and every steps but still not get result.
Hm, but you are aware that this was quite impossible to deduce from your posts? Even now I wonder what you exactly did.

I wonder what your complaint "logs not generated" meant. Anyway, as the procedure does not call any transaction end (COMMIT or ROLLBACK statement), the changes may be lost in the dedicated session end.
This is just a guess as I have no idea what "locator not created" means and how your sqlplus session (SHOW AUTOCOMMIT) and "concurrent request run" (as the sample code in the link just displays data) are configured.
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674679 is a reply to message #674677] Fri, 08 February 2019 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hriday2289
Hello,

Yes, my procedure is working when I run through the Oracle Sql Developer and it creates the locator into expected table also generates the logs that I mentioned into the code. But the same is from concurrent request it not gives me output, if i recompile the procedure from Oracle Sql Developer and again run the concurrent request then it works. I need the result on concurrent request run, no need to recompile the procedure from sql developer.
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674697 is a reply to message #674679] Mon, 11 February 2019 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flyboy
Hriday2289 wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 06:01
Yes, my procedure is working when I run through the Oracle Sql Developer and it creates the locator into expected table also generates the logs that I mentioned into the code. But the same is from concurrent request it not gives me output, if i recompile the procedure from Oracle Sql Developer and again run the concurrent request then it works. I need the result on concurrent request run, no need to recompile the procedure from sql developer.
I hope you had a good weekend. So, now, sit down, have a coffee and re-read your posts. Do you think the last one clearly describes your problem?
If so, please point me to the part describing what "recompile" exactly means.
It would be also nice if you explained how did you come to an idea about this action (whatever it covers) being helpful.
I am out of ideas so I cannot recommend you anything.

Additionally, if you expect to see the content of DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE in output screen (displayed by "View Output" button), you are probably out of luck, as
Quote:
From a quick look to the program in the beginning it seems that FND_FILE.PUT_LINE is used to put rows to Output (see sample at the bottom).
(however, you should already be aware of that, as you followed each and every steps of that article)
Re: tried to execute the below code. Its run but not getting expected output [message #674971 is a reply to message #674679] Tue, 26 February 2019 11:16 Go to previous message
flyboy
@Hriday2289: Any new tool used? Any feedback?

Although I do not like guessing, here is my assumption of the current status:
The procedure ran smoothly when invoked as concurrent program - at least after committing its transaction in the procedure end.
Maybe you was confused when not seeing content of DBMS_OUTPUT buffer in Output screen (via "View Output" button). Hm.
However, I still wonder which action is called "recompile". Those ten pair of hard coded values have constant values, although meanwhile their amount dropped to 9, correct?
Previous Topic: Customizing iExpense Workflow Notification
Next Topic: How to read text file from Local machine using javascript in OAF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:11:39 CDT 2024